What is C-TEP?
C-TEP is a data access service dedicated to improving the efficiently of data-intensive research into our dynamic coastal areas. The C-TEP platform shall provide advanced tools and data management resources to easily process and manage large volumes of coastal data and make it easily accessible to users.
C-TEP is an online service, funded by ESA, which will provide access to over 20 years of EO data, Near Real Time (NRT) EO data, non-space data and multi-sensor processing tools.
The tools provided will support the advancement of scientific insight into complex marine processes and coastal interactions, promoting a clearer understanding of our dynamic and valuable coastlines. C-TEP will provide you with the ability to merge in-situ measurements with EO data, rapidly extract both temporal and spatial information, and conduct statistical analysis. In addition, C-TEP shall provide a platform for users to share knowledge, applications and algorithms, fostering collaborative analysis of our coastal areas by the scientific community, government agencies and the general public.
- To provide a virtual platform where EO data and in-situ coastal data may be accessed, processed, analysed and shared for the enhancement of our maritime management, research and R & D sectors.
In general, C-TEP shall facilitate fast and easy EO and coastal data discovery, algorithm development and validation capabilities by providing access to:
- Over 20 years of archived and Near Real Time (NRT) satellite-derived EO data
- Virtual computing/processing tools and Big Data exploitation methods
- Support services and a community of practice
- Forums and professional networks focused on open community collaboration